Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Last Night, I Was Amazed By The Dwarf II Smart Telescope!

Astrophotography: Some of the things that come to my mind (things that I'm remembering) are the attempts which I (and I'm sure many other people) have tried in the past.

I used to use a DSLR, but before that - I experimented with film cameras, and a Meade Color CCD camera (the lowest cost unit they made). 

And here's an attempt at M31, many years ago, using a Meade color CCD camera attached to a Canon lens, on a cheap Orion tracking mount:

(under Bortle 8 skies)

M31 Beginner mistakes!


And here is an image from last night, under my Bortle 4 skies - about 150 15 second subs, stacked by The Dwarf II, with minor post processing in Paint.net:

I'm amazed by this little device! It used to take twice as much work, to get an image only half as nice!


No comments: