Saturday, October 7, 2023

Just Sharing Some Recent Images From The Dwarf II (for now)

Just Sharing Some Recent Images From my observatory Dwarf II!

There will be lots of images accompanying my upcoming review of The Dwarf 2 smart telescope...So, I thought I'd share a few now:

What can I say about The Dwarf II? This tiny device produces amazing results!

Affordable, smart telescopes, like The Dwarf 2 - Have changed the hobby of Astrophotography forever!

Galaxy M33 - Directly out of The Dwarf 2 - Zero Processing

The same image - With some processing in PixInsight


Please keep in mind: These images of DSO's, captured by The Dwarf 2, really don't require much post-processing. In other words, you certainly don't need to use expensive software like PixInsight. 
In my experience, some minor post-processing in free software Apps like: Paint.net, Gimp, and especially Siril - allow you to achieve excellent results! And, with less of a chance of "over-processing". Which it seems I may have been on the verge of doing, with the example above, of M33.
Also, the more time you dedicate to capturing images of each object, the better they'll look. The examples here, were very short duration sessions. None of them were much more that 100 images of 15 seconds each.
The following image of The North American Nebula, was accomplished with under 30 exposures:

The North American Nebula NGC 7000 - Straight out of The Dwarf 2 - Zero Processing.


Same image - With minor processing in PixInsight.


Some might be surprised to learn, that The Dwarf 2 was able to image a nebula as small as The Iris - Shown in previous post (below). But, this little unit continues to surprise me. 
The raw image of The Iris Nebula in particular, would benefit from some post-processing... It was taken with The ZWO Duo Band Filter attached. I bought my filter from High Point Scientific. I've ordered from them before, and they have great customer service. I bought my 10" Apertura Dobsonian from them, a couple of years back. And, this Duo Band Filter arrived very quickly.

Until next time,
Clear skies!

No comments: