Monday, December 6, 2021

Finally Found A Vintage Refractor! An 80mm Equatorial-Mounted Unit from Sears.

Well, I finally managed to find a vintage refractor - And I'm very happy about it! I had been wasting so much time on eBay... Ugh!

I decided to put an Ad up on Cloudy Nights... And Bam! I got a whole bunch of replies from some nice fellow Astronomers. So, the first thing I needed to do, was to mark my Ad as Found.

The next thing, was to reply to everyone who responded (in chronological order).

Then, print out their replies, etc. and keep them for future reference...And if you're an Amateur Astronomer, I don't have to explain why...

One fellow has a nice Sears, which I hope to be going with - but, my plan, will be to contact each of the other fellows - in chronological order - Each time I need a new addition :)

I feel very fortunate - And when I'm ready to add the next vintage scope to the fleet...I'll know exactly who to contact.

In the meantime, this is the 80mm beauty from Sears (Model #

Which will eventually find it's way to me here in New York, for some Winter observing (and sketching!).

 

Sears Model 4454, 80mm, F15, f=1200mm

 

Above, is a Sears Model 4454, 80mm, F15, f=1200mm which I was hoping to get... A gentlemen on one of the Astro buy/sell sites mentioned he had one...But I never heard back (re: this model). So, I ended up with this one:

Circa 1970 Sears Model 4 6333 A



Clear skies!

No comments: