Friday, August 3, 2018

The CLS-CCD Filter From Astro-Shop has Arrived!

I'm very happy to report the arrival of the CLS-CCD Filter, from Astro-Shop in Germany.
As is always the case, whenever a new piece of Astro equipment arrives, there has been nothing but cloudy skies & rain/thunderstorms. 
So, I've been unable to test it yet...
For now, I'll post some Pics I took of the filter - It arrived professionally packaged/well-protected (see below). It looks very promising, I'm looking forward to testing... 

The professionally packaged CLS-CCD Filter, by Astronomik on the right. The Optolong "CLS" version of it, on the left.


The Optolong "CLS" Filter


The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter
The quick Pics above were taken of a ceiling fan, fitted with CFL (Compact Fluorescent Tube) bulbs; with a point & shoot camera. Consumer grade CFL bulbs are proposed to emit full-spectrum light.

As soon as I get a clear night, there will be more to report.

Clear skies!

No comments: