Sunday, December 17, 2023

An Addendum / Supporting Documentation + Links For BatAbility Club Members

What follows is some supplementary information, to go along with the live webinar I presented today, for members of The BatAbility Club.

Amateur Astronomy 🪐 

Pick up any book on astronomy for beginners, and you will find binoculars recommended. They are recommended for those just getting started in astronomy, to use while getting acquainted with the night sky. And for good reason, binoculars are in fact, a great place to start!

In fact, binoculars are not only a good place to start, but for some (like myself) they are a good place to “settle”. After decades of enjoying the hobby, having owned and used many different instruments: I’ve found that large binoculars, to observe (and sketch) deep sky objects, are amoung my favorites. In my case, I’ve found that binocular telescopes suit me best. 

Whilst on the subject, I’ll list some of my favorite books on binocular astronomy:

Okay - Now a couple of excellent, highly recommended books on astronomy for beginners:
The two smart telescopes reviewed - The Dwarf 2 and The Seestar S50:
As it turns out, each manufacturer really liked my written reviews!
And posted links to them on their websites!
Check out what they had to say:
I’ll be adding more stuff (and resources) to this post soon…

Until next time,
Clear Skies!

No comments: