Sunday, July 15, 2018

Book Review: The Deep-sky Imaging Primer, 2nd Edition

I'm so glad to have found this book! It's definitely one of the best I've seen so far, on the subject of Astrophotography - And I wanted to share this discovery right away!

Here is the link to the book on Amazon, where I bought mine: 

The Deep-sky Imaging Primer, 2nd Edition

As received from Amazon, the book arrived sealed in a cardboard pouch. It is a softcover book and is a easily manageable, comfortable size.

Price - (at the time of this writing) is $42.70 U.S. Dollars.

The book's contents are very well arranged. 


This particular book would be ideal for someone who is interested in improving their understanding, as well as their skills in the art and science of Astrophotography.


I have purchased and read many books on the subject of Astrophotography, and Astronomy in general. And at some point, I will post reviews of all of them here.

But, this book has earned a place at the top of my list, along with only a couple of others.

Exemplary photos may be found throughout the book, as well as excellent screenshots from Astrophotography software. There are several before/after comparison shots of Astrophotography images throughout. 


This is only a partial review - I actually have a lot more to write and share about this book. But, I wanted to at least get the word out about this book (for now); and the sooner the better. Like most amateur astronomers, I tend to buy a lot of books on the subject. Especially the subject of Astrophotography, because I need all the help I can get! 


I've purchased more than my fair share of books which failed to impress me, many which were only marginally helpful, and several which were complete wastes of money.  So if I can save a few people some money, then let me go ahead and post about this excellent book right away. 


This book is wonderful - and will make a  great addition for many astrophotographers. It contains very useful and practical information - You won't be disappointed. 

Much more will be added to this review, in the near future! Stay tuned... 

Clear skies!

No comments: