Friday, November 30, 2018

Book Arrived - 'Discover the Night Sky through Binoculars' by Steven Tonkin

I'm happy to report that This book, from Steven Tonkin (an Author whose work I've always admired) has finally arrived! (I was a bit behind schedule in actually ordering it) - But, it's here, and I highly recommend it!

A full review of the book is in the works...
For now, I'll say that all binocular astronomy enthusiasts need to add this one to their collection.
One of the things that stood out to me, was how there was quite a bit of unique information, which I've never read in any book or astronomy magazine before.
Things like:
  • Unique observing methods/approaches.  
  • Simple and effective methods for finding objects.
  • Lots of interesting facts about the stars themselves, as well as some DSO's.
I'm enjoying the book overall. You owe it to yourself to check it out.
If you're a fan of binocular Astronomy (as I am), then it's a no-brainer!




Projects which are currently in progress, are:

Clear skies! 

No comments: