Saturday, September 19, 2015

Finally: A Binocular Telescope!

I'm very happy to have "picked up" visual Astronomy observing again.

F/5.3 100mm Garrett Optical

I finally managed to get a nice pair of (early model) Garrett 100mm Binocs. And, I'm going to need a new pair of nebula filters for them.
I was shopping around, just looking, etc. 
But, it didn't take long for me to realize, that I'd be best off with a pair from DGM Optics! Duh!

So, my next Post, will be about the selection and use of nebula filters for this instrument...
Along with a short review.

This Post, will be will be a bit more dynamic, and will be growing...As I add sketches; and eventually write a full review of them. Below, are some of my very first attempts at sketching.

Pencil sketch of M1 The Crab Nebula, Garrett 100mm Binoculars, at 41x. Under the Bortle 8 Skies of Bronx, NY.


M1 Using 100mm Binocular Telescope, from Garrett Optical, @41x

More to follow...

Clear skies!

No comments: